Sunday, December 11, 2005

Christmas preparations

I have been sooooo busy these last few weeks.. doing a bit of this and that - a lot of work and not too much play - but thank the Lordy: Christmas is-a-coming; the birthday of the Ultimate Consumer is almost upon us; and I am going to hit the slopes of Megeve in 26.5 days. AND there is p-lenty of the white stuff to play in. HOORRAAAAAAH

This weekend I have been here in preparation, playing on one of these:
It was great because I got to wear my helmet. Remember my helmet? I also got to wear my favourite ski socks.

I like ski socks because they come up to your knees and are very practical. They hide a whole host of beauty negligence - so tremendously - that every time I pull them up, over my black toenail, hardened skin, middle-aged ankle puff, thickening stubble and varicose veins, I feel happy - youthful even. Don't ask me why - but ski socks are feel-goodski socks in my book.

Anyway I digress. I have also been busy preparing for Christmas. Here is what I have been doing:


  • Baking Christmas cakes
  • Buying gold lacquer placemats and gold table stuff for my Christmas table
  • Buying Birthday and Christmas present for UC
  • Buying Birthday and Christmas present for my mother
  • Buying Christmas presents for everyone else
  • Preparing agenda for Christmas Eve, day and the big Boxer with UC and very good friends H and M.
  • BORING LIST VERY SORRY HAVE HAD TO STOP!!!!!

11 Comments:

Blogger Rob Burton said...

If youare buying presents for everyone could you please note that I have enough socks and pants, I don't want any chocolate or alcohol and am not particularly a geek so gadgets are out, I like suprises.

Plus I am so scared that you even need an agenda for Christmas Day and Boxing Day, by the way who will take the minutes?

7:29 AM  
Blogger Joolz said...

Gosh you have done so much. So there should have been time for the blog.
Why are we always bottom of your list. You are top of mine.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Joolz said...

But also. I like the helmet.

7:22 PM  
Blogger Guy Merchant said...

Glad to see you've got everything organised!

9:29 PM  
Blogger Mary Plain said...

We are going away this year on Boxing Day so I am not organising anything- feels very strange to think that most years I would have a list like this. Take no notice of Dr Joolz, I am happy that you are back even if we are bottom of the list!

10:04 PM  
Blogger Joolz said...

I am very glad you are back. And I feel guilty about my comment as it sounds rude. I adore you SimplyClare and miss you when you do not blog.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Clare said...

I adore all my fellow bloggers and have not taken any offence whatsoever!

3:06 PM  
Blogger Mary Plain said...

so keep us happy and keep posting!

8:44 PM  
Blogger Guy Merchant said...

Yes, we keep on commenting because we like you and I,for one, will keep on commenting even if there are no new posts....ever.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Mary Plain said...

Hi SimplyClare! Just to say I'm with Guy- we will keep posting till you come back! I want to know more about you being bad!

4:03 PM  
Blogger Rob Burton said...

Damn you're having a busy christmas, its mid january and you're still at it!!!

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home