Wednesday, October 17, 2007

It was the garage door...

... and I am sorry to say that I am now ten percent less handy than I was - but at least I didn't need an operation, which I was threatened with. Well done guessers - and thanks for the interest... I don't really deserve it!

Anyway... what do you all do on hallowe'en? I have previously done nothing... but this year I have really pushed the boat out. I have purchased two pumpkins and two masks from Tesco (13p each!) and hallowe'en tinsel and a hallowe'en treat bag. What I need help with is how to do the carving and hollowing business - especially as I am now ten percent less handy than I was.

Vic and Brook terrified me one year by explaining that their pumpkin was based on Ozzy Osbourne. I had no idea that this much thought and design was required. So my questions for this week are:

How do you carve a pumpkin and;

What will yours look like?

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary Plain said...

great picture! we are a bit feeble about Halloween, no real reason, just never seem to get round to it, but we are big on Bonfire Night so tend to save our efforts for then these days. As to carving a pumpkin, I can only really say that once when young and living in Norfolk, when you didn't really see pumpkins for sale, we tried using sugar beet- which are VERY hard- and wrecked my mum's potato peeler. Oh, and you are going to need a LOT of recipes for pumpkin pie and stuff, a lot of pumpkin comes out when you get carving!

8:57 PM  
Blogger Guy Merchant said...

What's the prize for getting the answer right on the last post?

Halloween is Lesley's birthday so we usually go out. And we go out nice and early so as to avoid the throngs of kids that parade up and down the street doing their trick-or-treat stuff. It beats turning the lights out and hiding behind the door with a plant spray which I tried one year!

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home