Sunday, March 23, 2008

I've been on my site meter...

and it appears that I have an audience again. Welcome to you one and all. I hope that you are enjoying the view. It is Easter Sunday - and what a different sort of Easter Sunday it has been. We were in the garden at 6.40 am looking for the Easter bunny's eggs - and of course we found plenty, because the Easter Bunny had managed to make it outside at 6.15 am. I am not the Easter Bunny by the way. That is now officially the UCs job. Actually, it turns out that the UC has a lot of jobs. I realised this when he was away for the week. During this time I had to ask my neighbour to change the bathroom and kitchen lightbulbs; my mum had to come and do he ironing; Richard had to nail the sofa back together; and the compost bin in the kitchen remained empty (I didn't dare to fill it) because I can't empty it into the big compost bin because the wriggly worms that are screaming ESCAPE every time you open the lid TERRIFY me really badly. I am not scared of many things, but writhing masses of wriggly worms trying to beat you out of the compost bin are the absolute limit.


I also had to clean the dishwashing machine thing's filter and change the cat litter tray... and feed the cats and make my own tea in the morning. SO I am beginning to understand about men's jobs now - and to be frank men, you can keep them. My jobs are much nicer - and more challenging. Drying my hair for example - that's a job that I have to do every morning. Moisturising - that takes time, and is essential. Putting in my contact lenses... keeping in touch with friends on the telephone... these are just a few of the jobs I do on a daily basis. We are just all so busy aren't we, and as I am now in a new decade, I guess that the jobs of self-maintenance and communication will only multiply.


Anyway, the only antidote to all these jobs is to take a skiing holiday so it turns out. On a skiing holiday there seems to be less jobs to do. Having less jobs to do means that you can relax more. Here are some chums relaxing:The chum on the left is actually my wonderful B-I-Law. We call him John Wayne. He is terribly fast on skis, but only when wearing a helmet. Work out why and you will win a prize. The chum in the middle is nervous about his digital footprint, so he shall remain nameless. As you can see, he enjoys skiing for all the right reasons. Rachel is on the right. She doesn't know about my blog, and I hope doesn't mind being featured here. Here am I relaxing from jobs. As you can see, hair is of no concern whatsoever - although moisturising remains a daily chore.


Anyway... time to end. Thank you for reading!

2 Comments:

Blogger DrJoolz said...

you look v cute.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Mary Plain said...

absolutely..
love reading about this domesticity! (and how did you get a site meter? though I think mine wouldbe v depressing..)

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home