Friday, March 28, 2008

What's hot and what's not!

Have you seen this Goldfrapp video? I am loving it. Kind of a cross between the Dad's Army credits, the Wicker man and Rupert Bear's worst nightmare in the woods with that scary tree man 'sticky' (I think - or did I dream up 'sticky'? Anything seems possible these days).
Ahhh bear with me... I have found the stick man - he was called Raggerty apparently. I was terrified of him way back then. Here he is now. Quite cute actually... what's not to like? Funny how time changes everything.

In terms of the screen of fabulousness, I am also still loving Skins, ER and America's next top model. New to me - and recommended by my mum is Gavin and Stacey. I was a bit sniffy for some reason, but became hooked instantly. I also have to admit being tempted back to Walford to check out Rikki and Bianca's return next week - although I haven't actually watched Eastenders since the 1980s. Finally, joy to us all, Sir Alan is back on a Thursday night. In Exeter, we do like to make a special occasion of every episode, particularly as last year's runner-up (the delightful Katie) lives just around the corner. A special occasion these days involves opening wine that is not from Lidl with our lovely friends Barbarabara the poetess and her smashing husband Julian. in front of the telly. Classy I know.
Today I have been to Bristol. I looked at shoes in shoe shops and am very worried that they are really not for me this year. The only polite way to describe them is as prostitute platforms. Here is an example:I am only 5 feet 2 and cannot possibly wear such things. Not because I can't balance - it is more a question of proportion you see. What am I going to do? Advice please.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would suggest flip flops but they fall off due to the skin/webs between the toes !!!!!!

Lots of love

Mick

9:50 PM  
Blogger Clare said...

Thank you Michael.

9:54 PM  
Blogger DrJoolz said...

I suggest you wear prostitute platforms as they are fun.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Mary Plain said...

I was at a conference on MOnday and my colleague was wearing similar shoes- maroon, all patent- with fishnet tights and a long demure slim suit, she looked great! kind of sexy lawyer's assistant from Perry Mason. So go for it! I can't wear these as I always fall off and sprain my ankle.. at least I did so repeatedly back in 1975..

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home