Friday, April 11, 2008

10.30 am in Dr Blah Blah's room


Dr: That really is a very nasty rattle. There is a horrid bacterial infection around at the moment that is hitting even young people (does that mean me?) quite badly at the moment. I am just going to give you antibiotics straight away and want to see you early next week if there isn't a distinct improvement.


SC: Cough... Shall I just ring on Tuesday if there is no change?........


Dr: Yes, please do!


Social comment: HOORAY I am vindicated. Had spent the whole of last night feeling so guilty about defying the system and preventing some probably genuinely poorly system-follower from seeing Dr Blah Blah at 10.30. I feel so good now.


Actually that is a lie. I cried in the car on the way home because I was so relieved that I was actually ill. Does anyone else do this. What on earth is going on that you spend twelve days being ill before you pluck up courage to phone the Dr. Then you have to fight to get to see one, and then you are grateful that you are ill enough to need a strong dose of amoxycillin?


I will stop going on about this now. I am boring even myself.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary Plain said...

poor you.. poorly AND having to battle with doctors. I totally agree it is a stupid system and designed to be very hard especially whe we are feeling most vulnerable.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Clare said...

Thank you Mary Plain. By the way, I am checking your blog for posts to respond to and will pen something when I can!

7:45 PM  
Blogger DrJoolz said...

Things make you cry when you are ill. And sometimes you are so ill you do not realise you are ill. This is a TRUE FACT.

And I hope you feel better soon.

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home